ant-user mailing list archives

From "Clifton Craig" <>
Subject Ant1.6 antcall recursive dependancy error
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:45:28 GMT
Hello all,

I've recently tried out the beta version 1.6 of Ant and I'm getting an error
that I don't get in version 1.53. I'm running a rather complicated target in
a build file the does an antcall to the default target in another file. The
default target in the other file invokes foreach on a target that depends
recursively on it's caller. I negate the recursion by defining a
target.already.called property in the caller prior to invoking foreach and
coding an unless="target.already.called"  in the caller. Anyway I'm getting
the following error when I run the build: antcall task calling a target that
depends on its parent target 'install'. Again, under 1.53 this worked fine
and I know it's poor practice to code a dependancy loop like that. I guess
it's just interesting to see that now Ant finally catches the error.

Clifton C. Craig
Intelligent Computer Systems
A division of Global Beverage Group

To unsubscribe, e-mail: