ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nadav Soferman" <na...@trivnet.com>
Subject Re: Invicta - a new open-source build management tool & framework
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:12:31 GMT
Re: Invicta - a new open-source build management tool & framework
Hi,
Thanks for your comments. We'll soon update the site in order to make the
'what is' and 'why better' sections easily located.
The configure-make & Invicta-Ant comparison is partly right. They both
process definition files for creating a build script, while hiding actual
complexity of the build script.
As 'configure' is a Makefile maker, Invicta is an Ant build script
generator.
But Invicta has much more than that as explained in the site (apparently not
explained good enough as you said. I hope that it will be more clear after
some site updates).
Nadav

----- Original Message -----
From: Thorbj?rn Ravn Andersen
To: Ant Users List
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: Invicta - a new open-source build management tool & framework

Nadav Soferman wrote:
>knowledge in the various open-source licenses. Invicta should be used
freely
>by anyone (similar to ANT) and an appropriate license should be used (any
>suggestions?).

If so, you should consider the same license as for Ant.
http://ant.apache.org/license.html
I looked for the "what exactly is Invicta, and why is it better than X
for this" section and couldn't locate it quickly.  Am I right in
supposing that invicta is to ant, as configure is to make?
--
  Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen      "...plus...Tubular Bells!"