ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject RE: XML, XSL, and Ant
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:45:06 GMT
_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162
>>> shennessy@goldenhourdata.com 10/21/03 20:17 PM >>>
Somewhere, like my-style.xsl, there is a declaration of the xsl namespace?
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"

Ah yes - good point.  In simplifying my stuff for posting, I simplified the namespace declaration
right out.

Below is the corrected stylesheet:

my-style.xsl
===
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY templates PUBLIC "Snap Template Index" "file:index.ent"> ]>
<xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
    version="1.0">
&templates;

I'm having two, separate problems, the first one being the more serious of the two:

1) Getting the external entity to resolve using <xmlcatalog> on the <style>.
Does the <xmlcatalog> only apply to the source XML file, or does it also apply to the
XSL?

2) Getting warnings "Element type 'xsl:xxxxx' must be declared".  The transformation is still
successful, so my working assumption right now is that these warnings are generated by some
validating feature of Xalan, and that I should be able to turn validation off to eliminate
those warnings.

Thanks,
Kyle