ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <>
Subject XML, XSL, and Ant
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:23:52 GMT
I've got a stylesheet that I'm calling via <style>.  I'd like this stylesheet to include
an external entity (a snippet of XSL).  Finally, I'd like to use <xmlcatalog> to resolve
the entity to a location.

The simplified example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY templates PUBLIC "Snap Template Index" "file:index.ent">
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0">

<xsl:import href="my-other-style.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="her-style.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="our-style.xsl"/>

        <entity publicId="Snap Template Index" location="${env.SOME_HOME}/a/path/index.ent"/>

My problem is that the external entity is not resolving properly.  On build I get:

    [style] : Fatal Error! index.ent (The system cannot find
the file specified) Cause: index.ent (The system cannot find
the file specified)

If I drop index.ent into the directory I'm running the build from, it find the file OK, so
it doesn't seem to be utilizing the <xmlcatalog> the way I expected.  Even if it find
index.ent, I get a bunch of messages about "Element type 'xsl:xxxxx' must be declared," and
my resulting XML document is mostly empty.

Can I even do what I want to do?  I'm getting the feeling I can't...

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message