ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: project dependency
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:55:00 GMT
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003, Peter Veentjer <peter_veentjer@alarmnummer.net>
wrote:

> I find it strange there are no more mature solutions.

Maybe because what you want to do isn't that common at all.  Or maybe
because it is that complex to do right.

I'm not sure I've understood what you are trying to do in detail, but
I think that Ant - in particular Ant 1.6 - should be able to help you
out.

Dominique, the same Dominique who tries to convert you to Maven 8-),
has submitted a <subant> task to Ant 1.6 that will allow you to put
the build files for all your little components into a filelist (I
assume build order is significant) and call a target on them one after
the other.

This should give you the ability to add "compile and copy jar to a
repository" target to all your component build files and have a master
build file that controls the build dependencies.

<import> should help you a lot to keep your build files small and
maintainable, at least I've been told that it will.  8-)

Stefan