ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: project dependency
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:34:48 GMT
On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, John-Mason Shackelford
<john-mason.shackelford@pearson.com> wrote:

> So do I understand correctly that subant does not build a dependency
> graph and then attempt to resolve these dependencies in order? It
> appears that if we added this feature to subant we'd be close to
> what we are trying to achieve--does it seem a good fit to you
> provided that the functionality is optional? Stefan, others do you
> concur?

Apart from "add it to subant" I do.

The more I think about it the more I prefer the idea of creating the
path external to subant (and feed it to subant like any other path).

I have no idea if/how a path containing build files sorted according
to a dependency graph may be useful for other things than subant,
but separating the issues just feels better.

Stefan