ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: project dependency
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:18:36 GMT
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003, Peter Veentjer <>

> I have a lot of small project eg ncollections (null rejecting
> collections) and leakfree changesupport. The leakfree changesupport
> depends on the ncollections. I want to automate the distribution of
> the required libraries (ncollections). If the required library is up
> to date, it can be copied, if it is not, the project has to be
> compiled en jarred first.

So add a copy-yourself-to target to each build file.  This target will
depend on your "plain" compile and jar targets and <copy> the build
artefacts wherever you tell them to place them.

You masterbuild would invoke copy-yourself-to with a repository
directory as parameter in all the smaller build files using the
correct order.

What is the problem Ant is not solving for you?  Sorting out the
correct order?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message