ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: project dependency
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:18:36 GMT
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003, Peter Veentjer <peter_veentjer@alarmnummer.net>
wrote:

> I have a lot of small project eg ncollections (null rejecting
> collections) and leakfree changesupport. The leakfree changesupport
> depends on the ncollections. I want to automate the distribution of
> the required libraries (ncollections). If the required library is up
> to date, it can be copied, if it is not, the project has to be
> compiled en jarred first.

So add a copy-yourself-to target to each build file.  This target will
depend on your "plain" compile and jar targets and <copy> the build
artefacts wherever you tell them to place them.

You masterbuild would invoke copy-yourself-to with a repository
directory as parameter in all the smaller build files using the
correct order.

What is the problem Ant is not solving for you?  Sorting out the
correct order?

Stefan