ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant-contrib-developers] foreach
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:57:45 GMT
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Matthew Inger <inger@synygy.com> wrote:

> OK.  I see what you mean, however, the output is controlled
> via ANT's execution mechanism.

It is controlled via the BuildListeners.

<foreach> (ab)uses <antcall> internally, the result is that for each
iteration you get an invocation of <antcall>, thus the target gets
started once per iteration and you get the target's label once per
iteration using DefaultLogger.

If you switched to something like NoBannerLogger, you wouldn't get any
target labels at all.

> ANT-CONTRIB cannot control what is output from that.  The output is
> part of the core definition of the "Target" class.

<foreach> could try to use a BuildLogger of its own rather than the
DefaultLogger and suppress the targetStarted events, but that would be
cumbersome to say the least.  Probably even impossible.

> Talk to the ant-dev team if this bothers you, as we have no control
> over it.

And I've just sent Adam over to ant-contrib-dev for questions about
<foreach>, tss.  8-)

Stefan