ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: project dependency
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:03:48 GMT
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, John-Mason Shackelford
<john-mason.shackelford@pearson.com> wrote:

>> separating the issues just feels better.
>
> Agreed--and using a Path / FileSet / FileList to specify build order
> makes for very clean interface.

I'd stick to Path.

> Any idea whether Dominique's BuildPathResolver stuff will wind up
> in a release anytime soon

Not in 1.6, we are too far down the release process already.  If we
implement it as a task, there is no reason why we couldn't release
it independently inside an antlib (or as standalone taskdef) for
people to play with.

I like the idea of keeping the resolution mechanism pluggable.  I'll
dig out Dominique's original code and will look at it.  It should be
straight forward to make it an independent task, I assume.

I'm not sure whether Path will give us everything needed for the
more advanced scenarios, I guess we will see that as we go along.

Stefan