ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bo Rasmussen" <krogenl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Common ant file
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:59:18 GMT
Thanks - I think I'll stick to the <ant> task until 1.6 is stable.

In the common file I would (ofcourse) like to have a build target,
which is capable of building all our projects. Projects naturally
contains sub components which are shared among projects. How do I
create a list of components in the top level project, which the
common build.xml can use to call build targets in other build files?

More generally the question is - how do i pass a list of files to
iterate over? Is there an array property type, or can I iterate
through a FileList? Unfortunately the <ant> task does not accept a
FileList as antfile

-Regards
Bo

--- In apache-ant@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@a...>
wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Bo Rasmussen <krogenlund@h...> wrote:
>
> > We have several projects which have lots of commonalities. How do
> > put common targets in a common file, such that other project
> > specific build files can inherit these targets.
>
> Ant 1.6 and <import> is what you are looking for.
> <http://ant.apache.org/manual-1.6beta/CoreTasks/import.html> and
> <http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?
NewAntFeaturesInDetail/Import>