ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Simmons" <deri...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: New CVS?
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:21:20 GMT
Ever tried to rename a directory or file?

Ever had two developers doing commits at the same time and both commits failing
because of conflict. Then you need one developer doing an update 5 seconds later
and your whole dev team is down for the count while they figure out how to
unravel the mess.

Ever need to change the package structure of your product?

I could go on and on. CVS has any number of flaws. The only thing is that you
may not have had to deal with them personally.

Now if one never does any refactoring then you might not notice the problem; but
then developers that don't refractor are not so good developers. What I find
hard to believe is that you in your 50 developer scenario never encountered the
problem posed by lack of atomic commits.

-- Robert