ant-user mailing list archives

From "Leonardo Abreu de Barros" <leobar...@email.com>
Subject Re: Warn for includes not found?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:32:49 GMT
Hi Sean,

I'm not sure if I understand your answer, so I'm sending you a snippet
to get things clearer.

I have the following xml:
  <!-- Package bandeirabr.logic -->
  <property name="bandeirabr.logic" value="bandeirabr/logic"/>
  <patternset id="bandeirabr.logic">
    <include name="${bandeirabr.logic}/Role.java"/>
    <include name="${bandeirabr.logic}/User.java"/>
    <include name="${bandeirabr.logic}/UserException.java"/>
    <include name="${bandeirabr.logic}/Mispeled.java"/>
  </patternset>

  <target name="compile" depends="update">
    <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build}" listfiles="true">
      <patternset refid="bandeirabr.logic"/>
    </javac>
  </target>

As you may see, the file "Mispeled.java" is missing an "l". In
consequence of this, it doesn't get compiled. What I need is something
that warns the programmer about his mistake.

thanks,
Leonardo.

--- In apache-ant@yahoogroups.com, "W. Sean Hennessy" <shennessy@g...>
wrote:
> Would not an exclude patternset help to identify file(s) that do not
match the naming convention in the javac patternset
> as a result of misspellings?
> The build.xml could then generate a warning if the exclude
patternset is not empty.

using Ant... People here are giving a patternset to
> the javac task of source files to be compiled; this is because they
want to be allowed to have other java files in the
> source directories, test files for example, that shouldn't be
compiled during the project build. The problem is: when
> someone mispells a file name, Ant ignores it. As a result, the right
file isn't compiled. So, they want Ant to warn or