ant-user mailing list archives

From "Yaron Ruckenstein" <yaron.ruckenst...@mobilitec.com>
Subject Running ant from a Servlet
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:37:32 GMT
Hi,

I have an application server managing various resources, I want to allow my
users to perform operations that result in running Ant scripts on the
server.

Looking around I found two solutions:
1. Using exec to run the command (script)
2. Building all the parameters, classpath etc, and using exec to run JVM.

In the documentation of org.apache.tools.ant.Main it is said:
"If you integrating Ant into some other tool, this is not the class to
 use as an entry point. Please see the source code of this class
 to see how it manipulates the Ant project classes."

I'm looking for an example of a Servlet, where the parameters are extracted
from the input, and the Ant is called using the API.

Thanks in advance,
Yaron