ant-user mailing list archives

From Dan.C...@milliman.com
Subject RE: Need help write task: (thanks)
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:25:21 GMT
Those (beep...beep) quotes!  Yeah, as soon as I pulled them off, it
worked.  I hate when things this trivial take up so much time.

Thanks much!
Dan

Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com>
10/23/2003 03:04 PM
Please respond to "Ant Users List"

        To:     "'Ant Users List'" <user@ant.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Need help write task:

> From: Dan.Crea@milliman.com [mailto:Dan.Crea@milliman.com]
>
> >... but you already knew that. Are you really, really sure that CVS is
in
> >your path when run Ant?
>
> Yes.  If I do, Vector vector = exe.getProcEnvironment(); and dump this,
> see my path and
> cvs is there.  What I am starting to wonder is if it's there but not.
What
> I mean is, when I started the dos shell, cvs was not part of my path.  I
> ran Ant and got the error.  I then did, set
> PATH=%PATH%;"c:\development\cvs\bin" and made sure I could run cvs. When
> I continued
> to run Ant however, it still did not work.  What I am wondering is if I
> needed to set this before running Ant for the first time.  I will give
it
> a try as well as your suggestion.

Remove the quotes. Windows' "shell" can cope with them (cmd.exe), but not
regular system calls I would think. --DD

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.