ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: PATH issue
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:09:03 GMT
pathconvert is a special task that you can use to convert a path into a
property.
for instance
<pathconvert refid="build.path" property="myproperty" targetos="unix"/>
to convert your path to the property myproperty using the unix convention
for separator.
Antoine

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Lionel SMETS [mailto:tsmets@netscape.net]
Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Oktober 2003 08:44
An: "Ant Users List"
Betreff: PATH issue

I am trying to use ANT with WSAD 4.0 & WSAD 5.0 as exeplained by Barry
Searle in a document published on I.B.M.'s web site (see
http://www7b.software.ibm.com/wsdd/library/techarticles/0203_searle/searle1.
html). I however have a very simple & annoying issue related to ant.

I defined in a property file all my attributes which I load with a
    <property file="./script/build.properties" />
The call is made outside any "target", I can see all the property in a
special target where I "echo" all my properties....

I then define a "path" :
    <path id="build.path">
        <pathelement location="${wsad.boot.lib}" />
        <pathelement location="${wsad.ant.lib}" />
    </path>

and I cannot display the content of the PATH in my "echo" target...

    <target name="echo"
                description="Echoes the variables known by the script" >

        <property name="test.build.path" refid="build.path" />
        <echo>
            script.dir  = ${script.dir}
            lib.dir     = ${lib.dir}
            source.dir  = ${source.dir}
            build.dir   = ${build.dir}
            dist.dir    = ${dist.dir}

            wsad4.home  = ${wsad4.home}
            wsad.plugins.dir  = ${wsad.plugins.dir}
            wsad.ant.dir    = ${wsad.ant.dir}
            wsad.boot.dir = ${wsad.boot.dir}
            wsad.startup.lib = ${wsad.startup.lib}

            wsad.ant.lib.dir = ${wsad.ant.lib.dir}
            wsad.ant.lib    = ${wsad.ant.lib}
            wsad.boot.lib   = ${wsad.boot.lib}
            wsad.antoptionnal.lib = ${wsad.antoptionnal.lib}

            wsad.xerces.dir = ${wsad.xerces.dir}
            wsad.xerces.lib = ${wsad.xerces.lib}

            PATH
            ****
            test.build.path = ${test.build.path}
            <!--

            -->
        </echo>
    </target>

As I wrote ALL the variables are well displayed but I cannot use the
"build.path", neither can display it after transfering it into a "normal"
property.

Can someone advise me ... ?
Jan ?

\T,