ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: Refining the results of a patternset
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:15:47 GMT
Hi Barney,

do it all with selectors (the filename selector is about the same in terms
of functionality as include/exclude patterns) or all with patterns.
The only advantage of the filename selector compared to include/exclude
patterns is that you can combine it with other selectors.

Cheers,
Antoine

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Barney Barumba [mailto:barney.b@iname.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Oktober 2003 00:49
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: Refining the results of a patternset

Hi,

I'm trying to refine the contents of a patternset (ant 1.5.3), but
not having much luck. What I'd like to do is something like:

  <jar destfile="myjar.jar">
    <fileset dir="src">
      <and>
        <patternset refid="my.src"/>
        <filename name="**/foo/**/>
      </and>
    </fileset>
  </jar>

but selectors do not support nested patternsets! Anyone have any idea
of another way of doing this? Everything I try just ends up doing a union
of the patternset contents and any other stuff I define.

Thanks,

Barney