ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject compiling Java 1.1 projects [was: two diff't JDKs]
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:34:28 GMT
Hi Erik,

you are absolutely right. If fork="no" and compiler="classic", then the
compiler of the current runtime will be called with 1-1 style switches.

So something must be done to the code so that the 1-1 compiler can be called
with fork="true" and a current runtime java >= 1.2

Particularly painful for ant1.6 which can only run under runtimes with java
>= 1.2

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erik Price []
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2003 19:17
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: two diff't JDKs

Hi Antoine,

So, then what happens if fork="no" but compiler="classic" ?  It would
seem to me that this simply calls the compiler of the current runtime
(1.3 SDK, in my case) and uses the 1.1-style switches, because in order
to call an external compiler, fork must be set to "yes".

But I'm not sure if that's how it's working.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message