ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: retrieving incremental dumps from a db using ant?
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:30:53 GMT
You have the following options :

sql task to run sql batches, queries, ...
exec task to run batches locally,
in ant 1.6 ssh task to run a batch on a remote machine (assuming the remote
machine has a ssh daemon on it).

Cheers,
Antoine

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul Tomsic [mailto:ptomsic@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2003 20:25
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: retrieving incremental dumps from a db using ant?

Is it possible to retrieve incremental database dumps
using ant?
I've got two boxes each w/ a database.  I need one db
to replicate the other db, and using built-in
replication from within the db isn't an option.

Could I have box(A) invoke ant w/ some type of
cron-job that goes out to box(b), performs a series of
db queries, outputs the sql results to a file, then
returns that file to box(a) ??

Seems like something ant should be able to do (or at
least some of it - perhaps I'd need ant to send over a
custom perl script to do the db operations), but does
anyone have any thoughts?

thanks