ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@sandvine.com>
Subject RE: if/else in ANT ???
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:46:26 GMT
1. download if task from antelope. You can find it on sourceforge.
2. use antcall to call other targets that provide the 'if' logic for you.

I prefer the first option.

eg2:
<antcall target="run.foo"/>

<target name="foo" if="foo">
    <echo>foo</echo>
</target>

rgds,
d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shailesh Sharma [mailto:shailesh_scea@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 9:45 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: if/else in ANT ???

 The <exec> task doesn't support the nested "if" element......i need to set
some env variables on the basis of some *conditions*

how do i do it ????

Shailesh Sharma <shailesh_scea@yahoo.com> wrote:
correct me if iam wrong......suppose i have some properties like this:

now when i run

prompt>ant a cc

and

prompt>ant b cc

would it work ???????????????

Vikas Phonsa wrote:

This target would execute only if newProp has been set. Using the attribute
"unless" would do the opposite i.e target would execute if the property has
not been set.

Doesn't matter if the property has an empty string or space or whatever.

If you see the ant manual you'll get more details on this and related
topics.