ant-user mailing list archives

From "Digambar, Shaligram (Consultant)" <Shaligram.Digam...@GTECH.COM>
Subject Handling Multiple Source Directories
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:19:27 GMT
Hello
We have following directory structure for our legacy java application

folder1
	pacakageX
		-classA (depends on class D)
		-classB
	pacakgeY
		-classC
folder2
	packageX
		-classC
		-classA (another copy of classA with different
implementation, this always overrides folder1.classA)
	packageY
		-classD
	packageZ
		-classE

With our old build scripts (.ksh) that uses jdk 1.1.8 javac compiler, we
could go to each java file in the folder and build folder1.jar and
folder2.jar separately where each jar has respective class files.
When I use ant to build this kind of structure using following (--pseudo
xml)

      <javac srcdir="folder2:folder1" classpath="folder2:folder1"
destdir="release" sourcepath="">
I am using ant through JBuilder9 (ant version is 1.5.2).

I get duplicate class definition error for classA. Is there any way to build
above structure into separate jars with ant? I can build this with the old
build script and do not want to restructure the files in a single source
tree unless it is essential. Is there any way?? Please Help!!!!

Thanks,
Shaligram

recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email
is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.