ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Is there a limited number of level to variable references in a property file ... ?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:13:55 GMT
> From: tsmets@netscape.net [mailto:tsmets@netscape.net]
>
> I seems that I cannot use "variables" in the property file above a certain
> number... My property file is as follows :
> [code]
>   scr = ${basedir}/source
    ^^^

scr, and not src, which is thus not defined, so ${src} evaluates to
"${src}".

Beside that, I personally *NEVER* use variables to describe the static
hierarchy of my files... It's all in CVS, so if it ever changes in the
future, I'll update the build file. I find this tons easier to read and
understand, and very easy to maintain.

I guess generic build file could/should use more variables/properties to
locate things, but not stand alone build files. --DD