ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: multiple args to java task
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:40:48 GMT
> From: peter reilly []
> I am not too sure I understand.
> An element to a macrodef can be optional, but if it not present, the
> macro will simply not place it in the macro instance.
> <for/> task from antcontrib.
>     <path id="xml_files">
>         <fileset dir="." includes="**/*.xml"/>
>     </path>
>     <for param="arg">
>       <path refid="xml_files"/>
>       <sequential>
>         <java classname="Echo" classpath="classes">
>           <arg value="${arg}"/>
>         </java>
>       </sequential>
>     </for>

Only in 'serial' mode Peter, and not in 'parallel' mode. It's enough for the
question asked, but I'm thinking of a solution that uses <apply
executable="java">, which should be better (leverages the full power of
<apply>). I ever used <foreach> one time only for prototyping, before
re-implementing the functionally in a custom task, and I always feel using
<for> or <foreach> is the wrong route. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message