ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: multiple args to java task
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:16:44 GMT
> From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
>
> If you havenĀ“t a complex start procedure for the decompiler maybe you
> can use <apply> here.
>
> <apply executable="java">
>     <arg value="jode.decompiler.Main"/>
>     <arg value="--dest"/>
>     <arg value="${dest.dir}"/>
>     <fileset ... />
> </apply
>

> ... maybe we should give <apply> the ability to start java apps ...

Discussed before (at least a couple time I can remember), and rejected on
the grounds that a custom task should be written instead... I disagree, so
if you want to raise it up again, I'll support you ;-)

Given the new <macrodef> though, I can see how it would be easy to emulate
one. Peter, can I with <macrodef> say that the macro can take an optional
<classpath>? Examples I've seen with macros so far had child elements to
contain other elements to be passed to some internal task to the macro. I'm
thinking of declaring a macro with an optional <classpath>, that would be
<pathConvert> to feed on the command line of "java" executed by <apply>.
Sounds feasible? Otherwise I'm pretty sure I'll hack up a task one of these
days... --DD