ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: AW: AW: project dependency
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:36:53 GMT
Then good luck with Gump ;-) I've failed using Maven the first time I tried
it too, but had I not a specific situation where our use of native code
prevents me from using Maven, I would have tried again and again until it
worked. The fact that Maven downloads dependencies (including its own) thru
the net shouldn't stop you, but that's another issue.

I'm an Ant user, and I developed Ant-based solutions for automatic
publishing and downloading of my Ant project dependencies, but this is
ad-hoc and complex. Until Maven matures to handle native code or
platform-specific dependencies, I'll stick with my custom Ant solution, but
it's nowhere near the quality and integration Maven provides. If I had pure
Java projects, I'd be a Maven user by now. --DD