ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lybarger <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: FixCRLF example to fix shell scripts
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:18:23 GMT
I'm not familiar with the specifics of OS end of line characters, so the
examples didn't make clear sense to me.  I just know my shell scripts
weren't running properly when my build is done on win32, but they work ok
when i do a build on solaris.  I also can see that vi shows some strange
stuff at the end of the line for my scripts.

The first example looks like what I'll need.  The examples could possibly
have a sentence or so about in which circumstance to use each example. The
first example could have a sentence added after the "Tabs and spaces are
left as is." which goes something like: "This is usefull for creating files
on DOS/Win32 and sending to a Unix system." or a leading statement saying
"Sending shell scripts from Win32 to Unix. "

---