ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hensley, Richard" <Richard.Hens...@McKesson.com>
Subject StarTeam Task: More information for bug 18007
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 00:22:33 GMT
I'm writing this email because I encountered the problem described in
bug 18007, however if the documentation had been a little more explicit,
I think I would not have been able to get my ant build working without
having to find bug 18007.

This bug information log has a lot of good information about some
problems with file name resolution in the Ant StarTeam task as of
version 1.5.2. Ultimately, I think the documentation was updated because
of this bug.

The documentation indicates the following:

"On Windows machines, the mere presence of starteam-sdk.jar on the
classpath is not sufficient for getting these tasks to work properly.
These tasks also require a fully-installed and fully-licensed version of
the StarGate Runtime. This is part of a StarTeam client installation or
may be installed separately. The full client install is not required."

My computer met this criteria, I had an installed and licensed copy of
the StarGate Runtime, however I was having the same problem. After
reading through the bug 18007, I tripped across a comment about having
the StarGate Runtime .dll files in the excitable path, and the
starteam-sdk.jar file be in the classpath. You might want to amend the
documentation to indicate these two conditions.

I created the problem because I had moved the starteam-sdk.jar from the
StarGate SDK directory into the ant/lib directory. I am also using
cygwin and had made a custom ${PATH}. Like I indicated above, the
problem was easy to fix simply by adding c:\Program
Files\Starbase\StarGate SDK\Lib to the ${PATH}

I would poke the following paragraph after the first windows paragraph.

In order for the <CODE>starteam-sdk.jar</CODE> library to operate
correctly on Windows, it must be able to
load the StarGate Runtime Windows <CODE>.dll</CODE> files. This is
accomplished by making sure the Windows
class path contains the directory where the <CODE>.dll</CODE> files are
installed.

Thanks for you time,

Richard Hensley