ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Muller" <David.Mul...@Overture.com>
Subject Override ignored?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 21:38:14 GMT
Hi,
We are trying to setup each user with a build.properties which overrides a section of the
ones set in the main and each module build.properties; however, we are getting "override ignored"
and the build fails.  I tried removing the user specific sections from everything but the
users build.properties but still get override ignored and paths are incorrect.

build.xml properties section like this...

  <property file="build.properties" />
  <property file="${user.home}/build.properties" />

ant -v output:
Apache Ant version 1.5.4 compiled on August 12 2003
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java version: 1.4 in: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_01\jre
Detected OS: Windows 2000
parsing buildfile build.xml with URI = file:C:/cvsworking_cld/PM/collection/build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\cvsworking_cld\PM\collection
 [property] Loading C:\cvsworking_cld\PM\collection\build.properties
Property ${pm.home} has not been set
Property ${tomcat.home} has not been set
 [property] Loading C:\Documents and Settings\mullerd\build.properties
Override ignored for property ant.home
Override ignored for property jboss.configuration

Can anyone shed some light?

-Dave