ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: How to run a .jar created by ant
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 05:46:20 GMT
romalopes <mailto:romalopes@click21.com.br> once said:
>   Using the ant I can cread the MSX.jar, but when I run this jar the
>   follow error appears: Exception in Thread "main"
> java.lang.NoclassDefFoundError: msx/MSX
>
>   Another problem is how to use the classpath correctly.
>
> 	<target name="jarMSX" description="faz o jar do MSX">
> 		<jar destfile="${path.classpath}/MSX.jar">
> 			<fileset dir="${dir.bin}"/>
> 		    <fileset file="${xerces.home}/xerces.jar"/>
> 		    <fileset file="${path.classpath}/socket.jar"/>
> 		    <fileset file="CONFIGURACAO_MSX.xml"/>
> 		    <manifest >
> 			    <attribute name="Built-By"
> value="${user.name}"/>
> 		    	<attribute name="Main-class" value="msx.MSX"/>
> 		    	<attribute name="Class-Path"
> value="${path.classpath}\socket.jar ${xerces.home}/xerces.jar""/>

> 		</manifest> </jar>
> 	</target>

I haven't done this myself, but from what I know of Ant and Java, I
suspect your problem is with the manifest's classpath. Keep in mind that
when you include the file

  /foo/bar/lib/xerces.jar

into your JAR, it strips the directory entirely. Thus you locate it as
"xerces.jar" without a path component. Similarly, when you include a
bunch of *.class files from a hierarchy, it strips the root
("${dir.bin}/") from the files and only includes the package hierarchy.

Given the above, you should merely have to change the "Class-Path" line
to this:

  <attribute name="Class-Path" value="socket.jar xerces.jar"/>

Hmm, you also have an extra close quote (/xerces.jar""/>) unless that's
just a typo. I figure Ant wouldn't run as the XML is invalid. Anyway,
give that a shot. :)

David Harkness
Sr. Software Engineer
Sony Pictures Digital Networks