ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: How to specify classpath with "refid" AND additional elements?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 23:58:24 GMT
Karr, David <mailto:David.Karr@wamu.net> once said:
> If I use a "path" element at my "project" level, I can
> specify the "id" attribute to specify a classpath that I'll
> reuse in more than one place. I can get that to work with
> both the "javac" and "java" targets. However, what if I want
> to specify a classpath that uses the reused classpath, with
> additional entries?

You were on the right track. You want <path refid="<ref>"/> -- no ${}.
For example,

    <path id="compile.tools.class.path.id">
        <pathelement
location="${lib.dir}/utility/commons-validator.jar"/>
    </path>

    <path id="compile.class.path.id">
        <path refid="compile.tools.class.path.id"/>
        <pathelement location="${lib.dir}/cdp/emailService.jar"/>
    </path>

David Harkness
Sr. Software Engineer
Sony Pictures Digital Networks