ant-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject RE: Greeting and task development question
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:55:06 GMT
Do u just want to run the jar ? I'm am not sure I understand your point
exactly cause I'm also kinda newbie but you can run classes from a jar using
the following task.

<java jar="${jarpath}/jarname.jar" fork="true" failonerror="true"
maxmemory="128m">
			<arg value="${arg}" />
</java>

Vikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Bender, Christopher [mailto:Christopher.Bender@tdsecurities.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 10:51 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Greeting and task development question

Hey everyone!

Im new to this list and am a little unsure of how things work but Im sure
Ill catch on soon enough.

My first question is regarding the writing of my own tasks.  I have been
able to write a simple task and get it to run using the information found in
the ant manual.  Unfortunate, I need to run more complex tasks that have
been zipped into a jar file.  I have the manifest for the jar pointing to
the class I want to run, and now I am wondering if there is anyway I can get
ant to run this jar?

Thanks a lot,
Chris