ant-user mailing list archives

From Brent Bain <Bre...@mmlive.com>
Subject Ant 1.6beta & VSS Get Error
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:52:23 GMT
Hello:

I recently grabbed the Ant 1.6beta as it has a lot of new "cool" features
I'd like to start using (especially the scp/ssh capabilities).  However when
I changed from using ant1.5.4 to ant1.6 my VSS get no longer works.  The
command that I'm trying is:

		<vssget localpath="${new.starterpack.loc}"
			recursive="true"
			label="${vsslabel.starterpack}"
			login="${vss.username},${vss.password}"
			vsspath="${vsspath.starterpack}"
			serverpath="${vss.starterSSDIR}"
			autoresponse="Y"
			writable="true"
		/>

The error that I get back is:[vssget] Version not found
Failed executing: ss Get $/path/to/Starter3.1 -D:\\Local\\Path\\Starter3.1
-I-Y  -R -VL-L3.1.R12 -W -Yusername,*****

The params that are being passed in look like:
vss.starterSrvr=servername
vsslabel.starterpack=3.1.R12
vsspath.starterpack=/path/to/Starter3.1
vss.username=username
vss.password=password
new.starterpack.loc=D:\\Local\\Path\\Starter3.1

Now I read in the "Whats New" document that vss will no longer start off
with a '$' so I added that to my vsspath param:
vsspath.starterpack=$/path/to/Starter3.1

But that didn't fix a thing.  In fact I get the same error.  So I'm
officially at a loss.  Is this a bug or am I missing something else more
obvious?  And here's the kicker.  If I get rid of the '$' and change back to
ant1.5.4 everything works 100%.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Brent