ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin G. Crocker" <...@rsssolutions.com>
Subject RE: Installshield issues
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:43:31 GMT
InstallShield has a standalone executable designed specifically for
things like Ant builds.

Within ant you do:

<exec dir="${tempsetupsdir}" executable="${installer}">
	<arg line="-p MyProject.ism -b ${tempsetupsdir}\MyProject"/>
</exec>

I think it is available for download from their site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Pracht [mailto:bpracht@zcloud.net]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 4:45 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Installshield issues

I'm trying to automate as much of the build process for our product as
possible, ideally eliminating all gui's.  I've been able to automate the
build for our Installshield files, with some limitations since I don't
know that much about Installshield.  Is there anyone who's used Ant to
do IS stuff, particularly IS 6.3 Pro?  I'd like to know which files are
source files to IS, and which files are created by IS as part of it's
build/packaging/transformation process.

Thanks in advance,
Ben P