ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Kajsa" <Kajsa.Ander...@thomson.com>
Subject RE: conditional testing based on compiling
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:45:12 GMT
Looking at your build.xml - the reason your tests are being run when you
deploy is that deploy depends on jar, and jar depends on test... So the
sequence for deploy is something like:
[init]
[compile] (because test depends on compile)
[test] (because jar depends on test)
[jar] (because deploy depends on jar)
[deploy]

Good luck :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Perik [mailto:dan@periks.net]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 3:39 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: conditional testing based on compiling

I think the "uptodate" target is what I need.  I think I'll have that
set a property whether anything needs compiled or not.  I can use that
same property to determine whether the tests need rerun, and whether the
jar file needs rebuilt.

Thanks!

FYI my build.xml file is something like this:
<target name="init" ...>
<target name="compile" depends="init" description="Compile the source">
<target name="test" depends="init,compile" description="Do JUnit unit
tests">
<target name="jar" depends="init,test" description="Make the jar file">
<target name="deploy" depends="jar" description="Deploy application to
servlet container">
<target name="war" depends="init,deploy" description="Make the war
binary deployment file">
...etc...

- Dan