ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Kajsa" <Kajsa.Ander...@thomson.com>
Subject RE: conditional testing based on compiling
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 19:56:19 GMT
What are the other dependencies of "deploy"? From your description, it
sounds like your build file looks something like this:

<target name="deploy" depends="compile">...</target>
<target name="junit" depends="compile">...</target>
<target name="compile">...</target>

If that's the case, and "junit" runs when you execute "deploy", it sounds
like something else that "deploy" depends on has a dependency on "junit".

You might also look at using a property set by the <uptodate> to
conditionally run "junit".

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Perik [mailto:dan@periks.net]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 2:35 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: conditional testing based on compiling

Hello,

I have a build file which uses JUnit to run tests on my code after it
compiles (it depends on "compile").  The build file also has a deploy
target, etc., which also depends on "compile".  These unit test are time
consuming.  There are times when it doesn't need to "compile" to
"deploy".  But it still runs the unit tests anyways (even though it
doesn't need to).  What I'd like to do is have it only run the unit
tests IF it had to compile something.  Sort of like:

do compile {
  if anything compiled {
    do tests
  }