ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <scott.stirl...@workscape.com>
Subject scripting tips
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:49:02 GMT
Hi,

Anyone know of a site or resources (beyond the Hatcher/Loughran book) for scripting tips with
the Ant <script> task?

<script> is proving to be a great way to prototype new Ant tasks, but there's a real
art to it.  One recurring problem for me as I get the hang of it is learning/remembering you
have to know the actual argument type for task setters.

So, e.g., <unzip src="foo" dest="bar"> corresponds to setSrc()/setDest() methods on
the Extract task that take java.io.Files, not Strings.

I'm using Beanshell with Ant 1.6b2 currently.  I'd appreciate any refs anyone can provide.

Thanks,
Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.