ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <john-mason.shackelf...@pearson.com>
Subject RE: project dependency
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:45:11 GMT
Stefan et all

> separating the issues just feels better.

Agreed--and using a Path / FileSet / FileList to specify build order makes
for very clean interface. Any idea whether Dominique's BuildPathResolver
stuff will wind up in a release anytime soon or are we better of to just
write a task that will create the path (e.g. <computeBuildOrder
id="my.path"/>). I suppose one could even subclass the Path type and added
the new functionaliy so that the new tag could be nested in subant just like
a static path--of course this approach would only attempt to solve the same
problem Dominique's code does and it feels like a hack.

What do you fellows think? What is the safest bet in terms of our solution
working without hacks to an ant release?

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
Pearson Educational Measurement - eMeasurement Group

2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
ph. 319-354-9200x6214
john-mason.shackelford@pearson.com