ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <>
Subject RE: project dependency
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:57:22 GMT

> the main drawback of this method is that you need
> the code/sandboxes of all the dependencies

True. We need to find a way that will allow the option to select whether to
use published artifacts or to use source from a repository. I agree that it
can be useful to use published artifacts, but we'd rather not have to worry
about whether the repository source and published artifacts are in sync. It
seems safer to always build from source, but in any case we ought to be able
to accomediate both situations.

> the rub is that it's all ad-hoc and proprietary of course...

And yet this seems to address a fundamental need may are feeling. Let's find
away to make this functionality easily accessible to ant users. We are
certainly willing to put in the elbow grease necessary to make it happen.

I tend to think that the choosing to use Maven is a fairly significant
commitment just for the sake of the functionality in question.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
Pearson Educational Measurement - eMeasurement Group

2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
ph. 319-354-9200x6214

If you were not an intended recipient,