ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: project dependency
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:59:41 GMT
At 05:26 PM 10/7/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>On Tue, 07 Oct 2003, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:
> > At 05:11 PM 10/7/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >>Looks like a candidate for <macrodef>
> >
> > Hmm...  This is new for Ant-1.6?
>
>Yes, along with a whole bunch of other useful things that urgently
>need some documentation for people to see what they can win by
>switching to Ant 1.6.
>
><http://ant.apache.org/manual-1.6beta/> see the core tasks section.
>
>Given your build file snippet, you'll also want to look at import.
>
>The example Jan has been talking about has been explained here
><http://stefanbodewig.blogger.de/stories/1831/>.
>
>Stefan

I have to agree.  having <antcall> in Ant-1.6 is only required for
compatibility with older build files.  New build files should now use
<macrodef>.  Cool stuff!!!

BTW, can properties be set within <sequential> or <parallel> and
survive?  I understand that the <attribute> and <element> entries don't
constitute Ant properties which allow for the <antcall>-like
functionality...and that is good (required), but the main gripe with
<antcall> is that any properties set are lost after leaving the current
<antcall> context.

Jake