ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bender, Christopher" <Christopher.Ben...@tdsecurities.com>
Subject Nested Tasks
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:21:02 GMT
Hey,

i am developing some of my own tasks and I am running into the following problem.  I have
the two task defs below

<taskdef name="task1_container"
		 classname="com.blah.task1">
   <classpath>
	  <fileset dir="${homeDir}/deploy/lib">
		 <include name="*.jar"/>
		 <include name="*.zip"/>
	  </fileset>
   </classpath>
</taskdef>

<taskdef name="task2"
		 classname="com.blah.task2">
   <classpath>
	  <fileset dir="${homeDir}/deploy/lib">
		 <include name="*.jar"/>
		 <include name="*.zip"/>
	  </fileset>
   </classpath>
</taskdef>

Now, if I invoke each of these tasks independently, they both run fine.
(ie. <task1_container />
     <task2 />
)

If I attempt to go:

<task1_container>
     <task2 />
</task1_container>

I get the good old ant jar/task error:
"file:C:/......./build.xml:360: Could not create task of type: task2.
Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon."
but the jar with the tasks is found in ${homeDir}/deploy/lib and that is part of the classpath.

This is stumping me pretty good and Im hoping someone has experience something similar and
found a solution.

Thanks,
Chris