ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bender, Christopher" <Christopher.Ben...@tdsecurities.com>
Subject RE: Greeting and task development question
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:13:28 GMT
Doug,  do you mean something like this:

<taskdef name="theTask"
 classname="com.company.project.rel.TaskClass"
 classpath="/deploy/theJarContainingTheClass.jar" />

where the jar has a class called 'TaskClass' of package com.company.project.rel??

CB

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Lochart [mailto:dlochart@capecomputing.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 2:07 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Greeting and task development question

You need to have the jar with tasks in the classpath.  One way to do this is
put the jar in the $ANT_HOME\lib directory.  If that is not desirable you
will need to spell out the classpath for your ant task in the <taskdef>
definition for your task so that ant can find it to run your task.

I hope this helps

Doug

Invisible to Telescopic Eye ... Infinity the start that would not die!
All who dare to cross her course
Are swallowed by a fearsome force
Through the void ... To be destroyed ?...
   Or is there something more?
Atomized .. At the core .. ot through the Astral Door ..
   To SOAR !!!