ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chen Becky" <Becky.C...@core.fanniemae.com>
Subject "executable" attribute in "exec" task
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:35:29 GMT
Hi,

The task below failed due to unable to find
"temp/set_property_project.sh" even the "temp/set_property_project.sh"
can be seen from the current directory.
Then I found out related path doesn't work for "executable" attribute.
So in order to find this script, I would need to place this script in
the current directory or provide absolute path.

 <exec dir="temp" executable="temp/set_property_project.sh"
failonerror="true">
  <arg line="prod1"/>
  <arg line="prod2"/>
 </exec>

My questions are:
(1) I wonder if above testing result (related path doesn't work for
"executable" attribute) is correct.

(2) Since the current directory is the build id that generated during
run time, all tasks are processing with related path.
Due to the problem described above, I would need to get the current
directory in order to come out an absolute path.
So I think I can use the following "dirname" task to get the current
directory in "runenv.pwd" property.
    <dirname property="runenv.pwd" file="./temp"/>
I wonder if there is a better way, or a property available from ANT to
get the current directory.

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Becky