ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (EM, DDEMESIS)" <Luis.Cone...@ge.com>
Subject RE: Sending deployed files over the network...
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:24:58 GMT
If you have the chance, you can FTP your file to your destiny machine (by using the <ftp>
task http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/ftp.html)

If you are in a full windows environment (servers, workstations) you can do following:

- Map a network drive where you want to send your jar file
- Copy the jar to this location (by using tye <copy> task http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html)

Hope this things can help you

-Luis

-----Original Message-----
From: alan brown [mailto:alanbrown@pacbell.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:19 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Sending deployed files over the network...

I'm living in a windows environment.  Is there an Ant task that would
automatically send my deployment jar to a given machine on my network.
I imagine this would break Ant's portability, but I need the
functionality all the same.  The alternative is writing a shell script
to do it and having Ant call it.  But even that seems elusive as I don't
know which commands are best for this kind of thing.  Any
recommendations?

alan