ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (EM, DDEMESIS)" <>
Subject Mail Task
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:38:29 GMT
Hi all.

	I am trying to create a mail task which has to send a message and a .jar file as attachment.
I looked into Ant User Manual, and my task was defined pretty much like the sample from this
page. But it seems like it is not working. Whey I try to execute it, I got following error:

C:\Projects>ant sendJar
Buildfile: build.xml

     [echo] 20031017 - 1634

     [mail] Sending email: Ready For JTest!
     [mail] Failed to send email

file:C:/Projects/build.xml:177: Problem while sending mime mail:

Total time: 3 seconds

Also, I looked into past mails @, but I just find quite a
few references and I couldn't find nothing very useful.

	This is how my task is defined

    <target name="init">
        <echo message="${DSTAMP} - ${TSTAMP}" />

    <target name="sendJar" depends="init">
        <mail mailhost="" mailport="25" encoding="mime" subject="Ready For JTest!">
            <from address=""/>
            <to address=""/>
               Application is ready to be tested on JTest.
		   All files have been updated in DEV server
               at ${ftp.remote.base.dir} directory.
               Furthermore, attached to this mail you
               will find the latest version of .jar file.
               Any comments, please reply to this address.
            <fileset dir="${dist}/lib/${DSTAMP}">
                <include name="**/*.jar"/>

	I am sure this mailhost is working, because I implemented another task (rebuild), which sends
notification mails when build fails (by using task).
Furthermore, I have the activation and mail jars in my classpath and Ant can reach them.

This is how my environment is configured:

OS: Win2K SP3 (not too proud of this)
JDK: java version "1.3.1"
     Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)
     Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)
Ant: 1.5.2

	Any clue about this? Some other place I can look for?

Luis G Conelly
Mobile +52 (449)123-8749
There are 10 kinds of programmers:
* Those who know binary code