ant-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <>
Subject Re: Dirset selectors?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:06:25 GMT
Adam Mlodzinski wrote:
> Unfortunately, my original question (how do you get a <dirset> of
> directories based on the presence of a file (or other directory) within
> that directory?) still stands.

I'm afraid the answer is that you need a new selector, a combination of
a type selector and a filename selector. It should be fairly
straightforward, though. A simple version (assuming you are using the
new custom mechanism in 1.6 Beta) would look something like this:

   <fileset dir="src">
     <parentdir file="*.java" />

and the selector code something like:

     public boolean isSelected(File basedir, String filename,
             File file) {
         if (file.isDirectory()) {
             String[] filelist = file.list();
             for (int i = 0; i < filelist.length; i++) {
                 if (SelectorUtils.match(filelist[i], targetfile)) {
                     return true;
         return false;

I haven't compiled this but it should give you an idea. If you wanted to
play around with patterns that contained "**" (so that you get ancestor
directories rather than just parents) you would substitute "match()"
with "matchPath()".

for more instructions on how to write a custom selector and use it in
your build scripts.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message