ant-user mailing list archives

From Donal Quinlan <do...@savvion.com>
Subject Re: precompiling jsps for Websphere...
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:11:56 GMT
Do you use the regular ant command or ws_ant command under
WebSphere/AppServer/bin? A lot of our jsp's will only compile if the IBM
jdk under AppServer/java (and not another one like I tried) is used. I
can't remember if this was for jsp files that include other jsp files.

Side note: it seems WebSphere does not support hot deployment and
precompiled jsp's together. Runtime compilation needs to be turned off
to use precompiled jsp's. That means any new jsp's or updated jsp's
won't be loaded until they get precompiled and the server restarted.
Fine if all your jsp's will exist before starting the server, but that's
not the case for your's truely. I have opened a pmr with IBM but haven't
got a single useful piece of information from them yet.

Donal