ant-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@progress.com>
Subject Re: multiple args to java task
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:04:25 GMT
Therefore you can do the following:

<target name="call-jode-with-jars" ... >

   <antcall target="command">
      <param name="arg.line" value="a.jar" />
   </antcall>

   <antcall target="command">
      <param name="arg.line" value="b.jar" />
   </antcall>

   <antcall target="command">
      <param name="arg.line" value="c.jar" />
   </antcall>

</target>

I know that this is painful but it will work.

If this is not good enough, I am sure that there are other ways of doing
this using some of the newer features but I am not familiar with these
new features.

If you are comfortable with creating your own task. I would consider
extending the java task to be able to repeat the same command for a list
of arguments. The extension can use the concept of a file set and repeat
the java command for each entry within the file set.

Let us assume that the extended task, (call it repeatable-java), expects
to see the RepeatFileSet then we can do the following:

<repeatable-java ...>
    <RepeatableFileSet ...>
       use the same features as the FileSet to get the list of jar files.
    </RepeatableFileSet>
</repeatable-java>

I have not implemented this but I do not see any reason why this can not
be done.

But in the end, I might be completely wrong w.r.t. extending the java
task this way :(

Amit Kulkarni wrote:

> Hi,
> well yes i know a list of jars to include and exclude. so arnd 50 jars exist and i want
to include
> 30 and exclude 20.
>
> also i dont WANT to createa jar, they already exist. i am passing jar file as a parameter
and JODE
> will decompile the class files inside the jar.
>
> hope u get it.
> thanks
>

> --- Claudio Corsi <ccorsi@progress.com> wrote:
>
>>Amit,
>>
>>I have not followed this thread and you will forgive me if I might be
>>asking the same questions again.
>>
>>Are these jar files known when processing the build, i.e., you know that
>>  a.jar, b.jar, etc will be created?
>>
>>Does each developer require to run a different set of jar files?
>>
>>If the answer is yes to both of the previous question then why not
>>create a target that expects you to define a property that is used with
>>the task. You can also us depend to determine if the property is define
>>and generate an error if it is not.
>>
>>For instance,
>>
>><target name="command" depends="verify">
>>
>>    <java ...>
>>       <arg line="${arg.line}" />
>>    </java>
>>
>></target>
>>
>><target name="verify">
>>
>>   <fail message="The arg.line property needs to be defined"
>>         unless="arg.line" />
>>
>></target>
>>
>>You can then create a target that will call the command target for each
>>of the targeted jar files.
>>
>>You can also have the developer set the arg.line property by using the
>>-D option but this is painful when you need to run the command for a
>>large list of jar files.
>>

>>Ciramella, EJ wrote:
>>

>>>I'm sure you could do a similar thing in Linux (open a new shell, for name
>>>in...).  Also, put the two exec tasks in ONE target, one that has
>>>os="<windows flavor>" and one that has os="<Linux flavor>"...

it to a string