ant-user mailing list archives

From Weiqi Gao <weiqi...@networkusa.net>
Subject Re: *USEFUL* Stylesheet to generate a task-dependency graph for ant
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:30:58 GMT
Patrick Surry wrote:

> Interesting!  I came up with the same approach of generating Dot files
> and doing layout with graphviz to generate dependency graphs for an
> inhouse SQL-like language we use (although I used perl to parse a
> free-text format and generate dot).

Also checkout Eric Burke's AntGraph (http://www.ericburke.com).  It uses
GraphViz too.

You install it as an icon on your Windows desktop.  After that you can
simply drag your build.xml file from Windows explorer onto the icon, and
a dependency graph will pop up in an IE window.  Very convenient.

It show not only dependencies but also invocations.

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@networkusa.net