ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <>
Subject non-Filelist list of jars
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:37:38 GMT
I'm looking for a way to deal with a list of properties which specify
jars that I want to (a) include on a classpath and (b) copy to a deploy

I've got two files that I import:

(1) puts the full pathname of jars into properties:

(2) creates a property which is a list of some of those jars:

When I've loaded 1 & 2, my ${external.jars} becomes a comma-seperated
list of jars with full pathnames.

Now I want to use ${external.jars} as input for my compile task, since
the jars I specify there all have to be on the classpath, and I also
want my deploy task to copy the jars listed in ${external.jars} to the
deploy directory.

You'll notice that in (1) the jars could be anywhere, i.e. not relative
to one point on a harddrive, which rules out filelists and filesets.

Can I iterate over my ${external.jars} in some way? Is there another
approach I could take?

The reason why I am doing this is essentially to allow different
projects and different developers to pick and choose the jars they need
from a pre-prepared list (my first file above), without
having to modify the build.xml tasks.

At the moment I have modified the Filelist source code to allow this to
work, but I'd like to find a permanent solution.

ant 1.6alpha + java 1.4.2 on Linux 2.4.20 RH9

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message