ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bansemir, Carsten" <Carsten.Banse...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject AW: problems with ant using jdk1.3.1: blanks in the directories
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:25:52 GMT
Does Ant check for a property called "javac" ? Or do you mean to use this property in the executable
attribute? (executable="&{javac}")
Well, if ypu mean the second way, that doesn't work too. The location of the javac.exe is
found by ant, but not the sourcepath wich contains blanks.

'-sourcepath'
'D:\Programme\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1\workspace3\My Project'

	becomes --->

       [javac] javac: invalid argument: D:\Programme\IBM\WebSphere

so everything after the first blank is beeing ignored, btw my javac.exe lies in a directory
without blanks.

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2003 13:39
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: RE: problems with ant using jdk1.3.1: blanks in the directories

> Any suggestions how to solve this problem, without using a
> different compiler than 1.3, and without removing all blanks ?

Oh, we can┬┤t use the two prefered methods ... Then copy the hole stuff
to another directory without spaces ... :-) Just joking ..

Does it help to specify the compiler as property with "location"?

    <property name="javac" location="D:\Programme\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\Application Developer\v5.1\bin\javac.exe"/>

Jan