ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <>
Subject Re: compiling Java 1.1 projects [was: two diff't JDKs]
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:42:39 GMT

--- Antoine_Levy-Lambert <> wrote:
> Hi Erik,
> you are absolutely right. If fork="no" and compiler="classic", then
> the
> compiler of the current runtime will be called with 1-1 style
> switches.
> So something must be done to the code so that the 1-1 compiler can be
> called
> with fork="true" and a current runtime java >= 1.2

I'm not sure that I understand the logic behind this:  In
Javac.compile(), the CompilerAdapterFactory returns the appropriate
type of CompilerAdapter to use for the current script, which makes
sense.  In my case, it returns a JavacExternal because I have specified
fork="true".  However, in line 78 of (in Ant 1.5.4
source code), the JavacExternal then determines the executable to use
by querying getJavacExecutable(), which is in JavacExternal's
superclass Javac.  Then, this method returns the system Javac if

So it seems that what needs to be fixed [first] is
Javac.getJavacExecutable(), unless I'm misreading this somehow.

Copyright.  Copy right.
The right to copy.  That's all it is.
Contrary to popular belief, there's no such thing as intellectual "property".

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message